Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Boo-tiful!

What a busy, fun-filled weekend we had! My funny, always helping, animal lovin', carefree, fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants daughter turned a whole 7 years old on October 31st!

I'll admit, Halloween never was one of my favorite holidays. I never liked, and still don't get into all the scary stuff. I can remember when I was pregnant with her saying to people that I hoped she wouldn't be born on Halloween. Any day but Halloween...and then she was. My little pumpkin. But since then, it's grown on me and I can now honestly say that I enjoy Halloween. Now I actually think it would be fun to have a birthday on that day. I mean, how many kids actually get to have a party AND a parade at school on their birthday? Or how many kids get to dress up as anything they want to be for their birthdays and tell others to come to their birthday party dressed up too? How many kids get to go up to all their neighbors houses and get free CANDY for their birthdays and then get to stay up kind of late going though it all? I think she likes that her birthday is on Halloween too. This year she got to wear her costume 3 days in a row! How fun is that?!
She went as Sally the Ragdoll from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
She picked out Superman ice cream and a leopard print birthday cake. YUM! :)
She learned that she doesn't really want to wear a wig next year because hers kept falling off while she was running from door to door.
She also knows that the bag of trick-or-treat goodies gets taken away for a few days when the candy wrappers and someone's chewed up bubblegum end up all over the bedroom floor too many times instead of in the garbage can.
And she asked me if she could have her ears pierced, so I think that we might go do that this week if she hasn't changed her mind.
Happy Birthday, Baby! I love you!
Love, Mom xoxoxo

No comments: